- March 7, 2016
- Comments: 0
- Posted by: Dr. Prashant Murugkar
Liposuction Breast Reduction For extremely heavy breasts this is a good surgery
The goal of breast reduction surgery is to reduce the size of your breasts and reshape them
so that they are proportionate to the rest of your body and are no longer a source of physical discomfort.
When to Consider Breast Reduction
- If your breasts are too large for your body frame and create neck, back, or shoulder pain
- If the weight of the breast causes grooves in your shoulder were the bra straps dig, or causes difficulty in breathing.
- If you have heavy breasts with nipples and areolas (pigmented skin surrounding the nipples) that point downward
- If one breast is much larger than the other
- If you are unhappy and self-conscious about the large appearance of your breasts,
- If you have skin irritation under your breasts
- If you have poor posture or numbness in parts of your breasts and upper chest from excessive breast weight.
- If you find it nearly impossible to buy dresses and blouses and difficult to find tops that fit.
- Women who seek breast reduction often have had children, are overweight, have a predisposition for large, disproportionate breasts, or are sensitive to estrogen. Big breasts often run in a family, inherited from mothers and grandmothers.